Consultation and Advocacy
Although the majority of our clients receive some type of direct OT service, there are times when providing consultation is the best way to help the child. At Firefly Center, we provide expert problem solving, professional insight, thoughtful recommendations, and relevant referrals to our clients.
Here are some times when consultation may be appropriate:
- A child needs a home or school activity program to help them with an identified challenge (e.g sensory integration, attention, fine or gross motor skill, self-regulation, etc.).
- The home (or class at school) needs to be adapted or changed around to support the child’s comfort or ability to function in the given environment.
- Equipment or specialized gear is needed so that the child can be more independent in his or her home, school, or community environments.
- Parent or caregiver training is needed to help support the child at home, school, or in the community.
- School staff have need of additional input for a child who is struggling in the classroom or campus environment.
We know that navigating special education services, IEPs, reimbursement sources, and referral options can be a challenge. Although we are not experts in everything related to your child, we do have a wealth of knowledge and experience some of these related areas. Feel free to contact us if you think we can be of service to you in advocating for your child or you would like input on the services that exist in your area.
"Our task regarding creativity is to help children climb their own mountains, as high as possible. No one can do more."